Kentucky landlord insurance quotes can provide a great way to save money on your rental income business. We help landlords search the top carriers in cities like Louisville, Lexington, Covington, and Richmond. Comparing rates from trusted insurance companies you can not only save money but maybe even find a better policy to protect that rental property.
Rental property insurance protects the building, contents and liability of the landlord. Having the correct home insurance policy is vital since you are renting the unit to others. Be sure to ask your insurance agent or company about landlord insurance if you have a rental house.
Landlord Insurance Quotes in KY
The fastest and easiest way to get the best landlord protection at the cheapest cost is to shop around for rates. We work with leading insurance companies in your city to provide a simple yet secure way to compare multiple insurance quotes online. Spend the next 5 minutes completing our secure application and get Kentucky landlord insurance quotes from the most trusted carriers.
Perils Covered by Landlord Insurance
Kentucky weather can cause massive damage to your home but there are other perils which lead to costly repairs. A peril is simply a cause of damage which could include:
- Water pipe bursting
- Landlord liability
- Loss of rents
Cost of Landlord Insurance in Kentucky
The cost to insure your rental property in KY is dependent upon numerous rating factors that home insurance companies use to determine the proper premium. When you own a condo or townhouse the cost of landlord insurance is very minimal because usually you split that cost with the homeowners association which insurers the exterior of your unit. If you insure a single family home or rental complex then your insurance costs are going to be much higher due to the replacement cost of the building is solely your responsibility.
Here are a few of the most common rating factors that insurance companies use to determine your landlord insurance premium:
- Credit rating - This is your personal credit rating which is similar to a FICO score but can be based on other specific criteria such as payment history and bankruptcy.
- Deductible - The higher the deductible the lower the cost of insurance. Don't get a deductible you can't afford if you need to file a claim. The most common deductible is $1000 for all perils.
- Building type - This can be numerous things including condo, single family, and townhouse including the materials used to construct the property.
- Claim history - If you have one or more claims in the past 3 years as a homeowner most insurance companies will surcharge your premium. Some companies may not even accept your business if you have more than two.
- Discounts - If you have more business with an insurance carrier they are more likely to offer discounts to keep all of your business with them.
Kentucky's 5 largest cities by population
City - Population
Bowling Green 58,067
*Data from 2010 Census Population by the Department of Economic and Community Development.
Common Landlord Insurance Claims in Kentucky
(Most claims cost over $3,200 to repair wind damage)
(Most claims cost over $28,000 to repair damages from fire)
(Most claims cost over $3,800 to repair damage from water)
(Most claims cost over $2,000 to repair physical damages to property)
Loss of Rents
(Most claims cost over $2,400 to recoup lost rental income)
NOTICE: The amounts listed above are for illustrative purposes only and should not be used to decide what coverage limits you need for your landlord policy. Speak with your insurance agent to determine the proper coverage limits.